So, you are finally prepared with a new and innovative website for the business! But that’s just one step; you need to present your website to the world with the help of a web host so that your business is up, for people to see, on the World Wide Web.
Are you switching over your company, or changing from one company to company? In that case, you need to get some useful tips that will help you to avoid making mistakes, which people usually make.
Free Web Host VS. Cheapest Web Host – The Choice
Cost should not be the criteria for choosing a web hosting company. Having said that, choosing a free or cheap web hosting company is probably one of the first few mistakes that people make. There are several issues that you might have to face in case of free services, such as:
• Most of the free web hosts don’t have a genuine customer base; they simply try to attract some of the new and upcoming companies that lack experience. Such companies are likely to run out of their business at any given point of time, which will lead to trouble.
• Free or cheap web hosting companies are likely to put third party advertisements on your business portal, which could annoy or distract your visitors. This will ruin your business completely.
• Some scripts fail to work when your business is under cheap or free hosting. This tends to affect the overall loading speed of the website, especially when the website contains some video or animated content.
• There are several hosting companies that will offer free services and compel you to choose some templates. Therefore, your website cannot have anything unique, such as a theme or color or design. Remember, it is very important to focus on the theme of a website, as it eventually becomes the face of your business.
• Most of the times, search engines don’t give priority to those websites that have been groomed by cheap hosting or free hosting. If the premiere search engines fail to recognize your website, you will never benefit from the same. Therefore, your efforts to put up the website will not be worth it.
Choosing a New Company
There are some new companies that offer services but only to attract a bunch of customers. You should avoid signing up for such companies unless you have assessed them properly to confirm if their services are really going to be useful. Also, it is important to asses if that particular company has been in the business for a long time. Their market presence is a vital factor. There are myriads of such new companies that fail to maintain their services or provide the required up-time to a business for long-term. They simply concentrate on acquiring an impressive customer base to scale their business. However, eventually, they have to close down. It would be best to, rather, choose a company that’s experienced for more than a decade.
Not Giving Importance to the Terms and Conditions
As new businesses, we often tend to ignore reading the Terms and Conditions or Terms of Service (as companies may like to call it). Hosting companies, in their ads, only highlight a few pointers that seem to be beneficial to companies, while de-emphasizing other important points. So, rear everything carefully, which includes refund policy, agreement, cancellation procedure etc.